Thank you so much for your responses so far!
I’m sorry that last poll didn’t work.
Here is a new one:
Charming requested that I not post any details with my first post to see what people’s unbiased answers were.
But now that you’re asking, I’m allowed to tell… :)
- Yes, Bubbers is still sleeping great in his crib.
- No, Bubbers has never tried to climb out of his crib (knock on wood)
- Yes, the baby will eventually take over his crib. However, a neighbor has generously offered to lend us a nice co-sleeper/portable crib that baby can use if we’d like to keep Bubbers in the crib and not have to buy another one.
- No, we don’t have a bed, yet. When we transition him, we’d like to go ahead and go to a bunk bed.
Our general concerns with a bed are:
- The cost (which could be delayed for quite a while by borrowing the co-sleeper)
- Is he too young?
- Will he stop napping?
- Will he try to get out at night/during a nap?
Thank you again for your great advice–it is really helpful!