The other night on my way home from work, my mind went on a trail of thoughts that suddenly brought me to that question. As I drove, I pondered it. And the list of answers I came up with made me smile. I felt like it was a good representation of my personality and interests.
Where do I feel at home?
- Reclining in the couch at home with a child in my arms
- Sitting on the floor at my parents’ house while my Mom rubs my head
- Quietly sitting in the chapel at church or the temple
- Walking through elementary schools
- Browsing the local library
- Talking with parents in the waiting room of a therapy clinic
- In conversation with a child
- In nature with a camera in my hands
- In view of mountains
- In my husband’s presence
Where do you feel at home? Where do you feel like your true self? Completely at ease and comfortable? And like all is right with the world?