I spent the month of October…

November 1st, 2010

P1220326

… Laying on this couch (and not looking nearly as cute as these little darlings!).

My pregnancy sickness kicked it up a few too many notches and I’ve been wiped out.  And laying down was the only way I could keep down my meals.

And the Bubbers King has been very sweet and understanding.  Every time I start to retch he immediately calls out, “Hurry to the sink!!  Hurry, hurry!!”

But you know the worst part of it all?

Prenatal depression.

I didn’t even know that existed, until it hit me this pregnancy.  Well, actually, it hit me last pregnancy, too.  But I thought it was because I was mourning my miscarriage and it was much more severe.

But then it came back.  Though this time it was more mild, but still awful.  Who wants to feel constantly nauseated and depressed??

It was so hard.  I hated feeling like my joy in life had been sucked away and I couldn’t even enjoy my children.  I seriously didn’t think I could ever do it again.

And then.

P1220322

I took this.

A tiny little expensive pill called Zofran.

My dear neighbor (whom I will cherish forevermore) told me she took it and loved it.

And while I was really hesitant to take anything for fear of harming my baby, I finally relented when Charming couldn’t stand seeing me so constantly miserable and my doctor said it’s completely safe.

I can’t tell you what a difference this has made!  It has eased my nausea to the point that my prenatal depression has disappeared and life is sunny again!!!  Hooray!!!

So, if you were wondering how I was doing and hoping I was okay—please know that I was not okay.

But now I am!!!

Thanks to Zofran.  And my wonderful neighbor.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

charlotte | 11/2/2010 6:11 am

Oh yeah, Zofran saved me during Faith’s and Sam’s pregnancies! So glad you allowed yourself to take it – feeling nauseated 24/7 is so demoralizing! So when is your next ultrasound?

Ailene Hert | 11/2/2010 7:15 am

I didn’t know prenatal depression hit either! I always thought it was postpartum depression hitting me a little early…

I’m glad you are okay now!

Ailene Hert | 11/2/2010 7:15 am

Sorry… I didn’t know prenatal depression *existed*.

Vicki | 11/2/2010 8:16 am

I’m so glad you have found some relief from your nausea and depression. We loved visiting you and your choice family.

Darcy D | 11/2/2010 12:35 pm

I’ve never heard of prenatal depression. I’m so glad you found out what it was and found a “cure”!! I am thinking I may have that because though I’m not sad when I’m pregnant, I am sooo irritable and “evil” (if you will). should I ever be pregnant again, I would totally look into that!

tearese | 11/2/2010 2:51 pm

I’ve heard of a lot of people being depressed while pregnant. I’m glad you were able to figure out the problem and solve it!
I probably get postpartum depression for sure, but like Darcy, it manifests in my becoming a monster who yells at everyone, rather than a weepy person who stays locked away. Wait, That happens when I’m pregnant too…maybe we’re on to something here.

Melissa | 11/3/2010 10:19 pm

Oh Heidi, I had no idea you were feeling so crummy! :( But I’m so glad to hear you’re feeling better!! Reglan is what saved me during my last two pregnancies! It made just enough difference that I was actually able to think about eating and then get something down so I’d feel better. Both times I didn’t realize how badly I needed the medicine until after I started taking it (thank heavens my sweet hubby made me!).

Erika | 11/7/2010 1:40 pm

*Hugs to you*

Briana Espinoza | 12/23/2010 3:46 pm

HI Heidi. You are such a great blogger. I’ve really gotten behind these days. I am so excited for you and your newbie. Hope things go well. How does the pregnancy compare? I’ve heard it is very different to be pregnant w/a boy than a girl…but I’d never know. *Hugs to you*