Snapshot in Time: 7 Weeks Pregnant

October 10th, 2010

P1220230 black

I’m 7 weeks pregnant now!  And my body is making no efforts to hide it (“Hey!” my body says, “We’ve done this before!  We know EXACTLY what to do!!”).  :)

I’m also convinced we’re having a girl.  Even before we were pregnant, I knew.  And my mom knew.  And my father-in-law knew.  And Bubbers (all on his own!) corrects anyone who calls the baby “he”.  “The baby is a girl,” he states matter-of-factly.

I’d be thrilled to have another boy, but if we do have a girl, the timing would be perfect.  Back when I was pregnant with Scooters, I was relieved to find out he was a boy (“Oh, phew!  I know boys, I can do another boy!”).

But now, I get to thinking about that day far, far, far, far, far, far down the road when another woman will fill their hearts.  And then.  Things just won’t be the same anymore…  And then.  My heart told me that I needed a daughter.

My favorite quotes today:

“Mommy, did you get the right belly picture?”

“Mommy, will you take a belly picture of me?”

:):):)

P1220203 black

P1220205 black

charlotte | 10/11/2010 5:12 am

You are the cutest pregnant lady ever!! When is your first doc’s appt? Have you already got to hear the heart beat? I’m so excited for you guys!
PS> That’s quite the defined bump for 7 weeks (I’m NOT Saying you are big – you are tiny and adorable) are you sure you’re not having two girls? Or are farther along than you think??

Darcy D | 10/11/2010 8:20 am

I love the bump and cannot believe that you are showing THAT much already!

Melissa | 10/11/2010 10:20 am

You’ve always been such a beautiful mommy-to-be. :) Congrats again!! And I’m with Charlotte…maybe TWO little girls? ;)

Heidi | 10/11/2010 7:24 pm

Oh, I love you gals!! Yeah, the speed at which my body has declared the state of things has taken me quite by surprise! We’ve also wondered if there could be two in there… :)

No, we haven’t been to the doctor, yet. We’re going to wait until 10 weeks and have an ultrasound right off. Then we’ll hopefully know exactly how far along we are.

Shawna | 10/12/2010 3:50 am

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing the piciture. I look forward to future posts about the new baby.

Kati | 10/20/2010 5:12 pm

You look absolutely adorable! (Is that okay to say to a grown woman? :)

I am HORRIBLE at blog-reading, but I’m glad I got to see this. Congrats! Oh, and I meant to ask you, do you want me to take you off that email thing (so you don’t get an email every time I post). I wasn’t sure if that might be getting annoying, and since I have the fake blog now. Doesn’t matter either way, just wanted to give you the option :). Let me know!

Apple | 10/23/2010 7:37 am

Congratulations!!! I have a 3 month old so I haven’t had much time to check out your blog lately. I am glad that I got to see this post!! :)