My Little Joey

September 28th, 2009

PICT0139 sepia black

This is how my sweet baby loves to take his naps during the day.

He relaxes into a contented puddle of chub that fairly melts into me.

And I love it.

Because it allows me the freedom to indulge in my strong desire to hold my sleeping babe while being productive at the same time, if needed.

It’s the second pair of arms that every mother needs.

And around here, it’s affectionately called “The Pouch”.

My dear little joey.

Oh, how I love you!

Neighbor Katie ~;o) | 9/28/2009 9:50 pm

Oh my goodness, you are killing me with the need to come over again for another Sir Snuggles baby fix! I think since my “baby” is at the ripe old age of three, I am really getting that baby bug that everyone has been telling me about! Just wish my body wasn’t allergic to pregnancy! I am still recovering…:o(

We gotta get the boys together again! Now that sister is in school until 3 everyday! Let me know know when is good for you guys!

Emily Nedry | 9/28/2009 10:01 pm

What a sweet post and a beautiful picture. Your little guy looks so peaceful! I can understand exactly why you love having him in your “pouch” and so close…I would want that too!

Darcy D | 9/29/2009 8:19 am

I love wearing my babies too! Those wrap things are the greatest invention, way better than the snuggli which put all the weight on my back.

Heidi | 9/29/2009 8:40 pm

Completely agreed! I love how well it distributes his (substantial) weight–it doesn’t hurt my back like the Bjorn and it’s so much more personal, if that makes sense.

tearese | 9/29/2009 3:22 pm

I think I need one of those. Now.

Vicki | 9/29/2009 6:48 pm

I remember you wanting to hold Snuggles all of the time, you found a way!

Melissa | 9/29/2009 11:05 pm

What a sweet, intimate picture of mother and baby. :) Can I ask what brand that is? I’ve seen ones like it and thought they looked so comfy (for mom AND baby). I loved carrying Lizzy around asleep on my chest when she was little. Can’t wait to do that w/ our newest little girl! :)

Suzanne | 9/30/2009 8:15 am

He looks so cozy in there and how wonderful to be able to get things done but still spend precious time with him.