Identical infections: What are the odds?

July 15th, 2009

According to my doctor, extremely rare…..

HPIM3316 edited blue darker

The Little Bubbers King

3 Weeks Old: I got mastitis.

5 Weeks Old: My C-section incision got infected.

PICT0447 edited blue

Sweet Sir Snuggles

3 Weeks Old: I got mastitis.

5 Weeks Old: My C-section incision is now infected.

On the positive side, I am now an expert at identifying signs of infection! :)

charlotte | 7/16/2009 3:34 am

Oh dear! I hope you are on antibiotics and feeling better ASAP.

Laini | 7/16/2009 5:45 am

Yikes! That really stinks. I have heard that once you get mastitis that you are more likely to get it again. I hope you feel better soon!

heather Smith | 7/16/2009 5:54 am

oh heidi… i’m so sorry you got the infections. I had mastitis after my c-section with Hannah and it was so hard to deal with. I hope your incision heals quickly and all infection goes away soon!!!

Darcy D | 7/16/2009 6:39 am

That’s terrible… but I’m glad that you know the signs.. it’s better to catch ahead of time and treat fast! Good luck on a fast recovery.

Melissa | 7/16/2009 6:58 am

Oh no! I was hoping you wouldn’t go through an infected incision again this time! :( Glad you caught it early though and have a great doctor. Take it easy, and I hope you’re feeling better soon!!

Aimee | 7/16/2009 12:18 pm

That’w awful! I hope you heal quickly! Mastitis is awful. :-( Good luck!!!

Andrea | 7/16/2009 1:04 pm

Heidi,
I’m so sorry that you had both of them twice. I never got mastitis but i heard that it is the worst pain you could possibly feel. I will pray that you get a speedy recovery!

tearese | 7/17/2009 6:36 am

I got mastitis and thrush with both of my kids about the same time too. I was scared to death of my c-section getting infected with Elora, but I guess it never happened. I hope you feel better soon! Those nursing ailments aren’t fun!

Alycia | 7/17/2009 12:59 pm

Oh Heidi that’s awful! I had mastitis three times with Preston and it was the worst thing in the world! I can’t imagine having an infected incision would be much better, if not worse. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do for you! We still need to get together sometime we’re you’re feeling better too. :)

Vicki | 7/17/2009 4:23 pm

Amazing, glad you are doing better though.