This doesn’t bode well…

May 13th, 2009

This morning, I was organizing the baby’s room and pulled the baby bouncers out of the closet.

The Wooga Man immediately pounced on one.

“For Bubbers!” he exclaimed happily as he climbed inside.

I let him rock for a few minutes and then casually said, “Hey Little Man…..”

“Hm?” he replied.

“Just so you know, that’s the baby’s chair,” I explained, “So you can use it until the baby comes out, but after that, it’s going to be for the baby.”

He looked at me for a moment.

Then he continued rocking and replied, “Baby comes out, Mommy talk baby, “Sorry baby, Bubbers use it.”

Kim | 5/13/2009 1:53 pm

I hate to break it to you, but it gets worse before it gets better. ;) Just remember that you will both make it through, and eventually the baby’s stuff won’t be as interesting. It just may take a while.

charlotte | 5/13/2009 3:13 pm

The joys of siblings! I love Bubber’s answer. I’m sure my kids wish they’d thought of that one. Just wait for the first time Bubber’s unceremoniously pushes the baby out of the chair/off your lap/off the couch…

Neighbor Katie ~;o) | 5/13/2009 6:21 pm

Very cute! Yeah, I remember when Joshua came and Olivia would try to sit in his chair or swing and say, “I’m your baby!” I think it was her way of not letting me forget that she still was my little girl. When they are used to having all the attention, it takes a little bit to adjust to sharing the love and attention, but the awesome thing is, when our family grows, so does our love! It is such an awesome blessing from above! ~:o))

Sara Hammond | 5/13/2009 9:56 pm

This made me laugh out loud! He is so smart! He will will learn to help you and be the big brother before you know it.

Anna Marie | 5/14/2009 3:39 am

Cute! We had the same problem with Gwen. I eventually got her a “big girl” chair and we worked out a trade. Pretty much all of her stuff that I’ve been stealing for the baby I’ve traded for something else or made her think it was her idea to give it to the baby. So far it has worked and she hasn’t seemed jilted about all the stuff she’s given up!

Melissa | 5/14/2009 8:29 am

What a hilarious response from him! How incredible that he was able to articulate his feelings so clearly! :) And I second the idea of a special chair for him – you could call it a “big brother chair” and let him know it’s ONLY for him. Maybe you could find a mini wooden rocking chair on craigslist or something? And I unfortunately have to agree that this is just the start… ;)

tearese | 5/14/2009 6:51 pm

ha ha ha. Thats great! WE have a baby swing that we hardly ever used for Josh because Elora always tried to get in it, or she’d try to push him like he was in an outside swing. We’ll see if we try to get it out this time.

Aimee | 5/14/2009 8:45 pm

Hehehe, silly Bubbers. We have that exact same bouncer and we put it away a couple months ago because Jilly was still always playing in it. I guess we’ll see what happens when Wildcat comes. Luckily, she does have like 2 other chairs that are just hers, not to mention she can climb onto the couches. Hrm… ;-)

JS | 5/15/2009 4:25 am

You should see what his reaction would be if you showed him pictures of when he was a baby in the baby chair…if you have some. I caught Luke in the bounce chair the other day, and he loves to push the swing…with a bit to much love! I only wonder what kinds of things Luke would say if he talked like Bubbers, I guess we have our work cut out for us!

Suzanne | 5/15/2009 7:45 am

Bubbers is going to be a wonderful big brother, he will enjoy his new baby brother, once he gets used of it all.

Vicki | 5/15/2009 6:00 pm

Hope there’s room in that seat for both of your boys! Very cute.