I don’t know what it is…

April 27th, 2009

HPIM7353 edited

….. But it called out my name when I was in the bank drive-thru today.

HPIM7357 edited

And I, with arms outstretched, called back, “I don’t know who you are, but I promise I will find out! …..  I promise!”

Starwoodgal | 4/28/2009 7:59 am

That’s a Tulip Tree. Their leaves (when they are on the tree) are bright green and are actually shaped like a tulip. Lovely!

Heidi | 4/28/2009 10:00 pm

Ooh, what a beautiful name! That fits it perfectly– thank you, Starwoodgal!

Stacey | 4/28/2009 9:52 am

I was thinking it was a dogwood tree – maybe there’s two names for . I think they may be my favorite blossoms too. Although I’m not a huge fan of the tree at other times of the year.

Heidi | 4/28/2009 10:01 pm

Hm, I think I’ve heard of dogwood trees before, but don’t know what they look like. I’ll have to look it up and see– thank you, Stacey!

Vicki | 4/28/2009 4:14 pm

I’m clueless as to what kind of a tree it is. However, it called out my name too!

Kara | 4/28/2009 5:48 pm

It is beautiful. You are so smart to carry your camera with you! There have been so many times I wished that I had mine in random places-like bank drive thrus!

Heidi | 4/28/2009 8:53 pm

LOL! I was glad, too, because I had been wondering about this tree for a while, but hadn’t seen it while I had a camera with me. And I happened to remember the small digital camera I keep in the Little Man’s diaper bag (I often forget about it) and pulled it out. :)

tearese | 4/29/2009 11:39 am

I remember seeing those in the Arboretum, and thinking how weird they looked. I wonder if they only grow there?

Stacey | 4/29/2009 8:48 pm

I was at the nursery yesterday and there were a couple of trees there like this with different names on each. One said Jane Magnolia. I can’t remember the other one. Maybe there’s a few trees that have similar blossoms like that!

felicia nguyen | 4/30/2009 7:23 pm

It is called a tulip tree..I love that tree too…had one in my yard before Katrina and waiting to do my landscaping over and will plant more.

Wandering Nana-Linda | 5/1/2009 7:21 am

I also thought it was a magnolia tree. My daughters friend in Texas had one and it looked just like this. They get the flowers and then the leaves come later.

Neighbor Katie ~;o) | 5/4/2009 11:58 am

I was thinking Magnolia as well, I have a beautiful saucer magnolia tree in my backyard that looks very similar, just pink and white blossoms. You will have to come over and look at it. It’s one of my favorites!!

Heidi | 5/7/2009 8:17 am

Awesome– thank you for your help everyone! You’re the best!

ERIKA | 5/10/2009 9:11 pm

It IS a Magnolia tree, I’ve been a fan for years. People call them tulip trees, but it’s just a nickname. Your family is so beautiful, and your Bubbers couldn’t be cuter. What a little dolly (I haven’t been on your blog for awhile…can’t you tell?)