In Loving Memory

April 17th, 2009

scan0252 fixed

My dear Grandmother joined her eternal companion this last Easter Sunday.

She has been missing my Grandfather for almost five years now, so I can imagine the joy she felt to be reunited with him.

This picture is from their 50th Wedding Anniversary 17 years ago and I love it.

It captures their sparkle perfectly.

And it’s how I will always remember them.

I love you, Grandma and Grandpa.

Thank you for being such loving, wonderful grandparents.

I look forward to seeing you again someday.

And I only wish my children could have known you here on earth.

Love Your Granddaughter and Namesake,

Heidi

p.s.  I’m sorry it’s been so quiet on here this week.  It’s been a little crazy as I’ve prepared for an unexpected flight to go and honor my Grandma.  I hope you are all well and I will be back blogging soon.

Darcy D | 4/18/2009 8:18 am

Sorry about your loss- glad we have an eternal perspective.

charlotte | 4/18/2009 2:55 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandma – she sounds like a beautiful woman. Have a peaceful, safe trip!

Jesse | 4/18/2009 3:55 pm

Bitter sweet news, Hides. I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating her life with your family. Lots of love!

Neighbor Katie ~;o) | 4/19/2009 9:31 pm

I am so sorry for the loss of your Grandmother Heidi, but so happy that she is now reunited with the love of her life!

May the Lord fill you and your family with His peace and comfort during this time.

Starwoodgal | 4/20/2009 7:15 am

So sorry for your loss. I’ll be praying for you and your family.

Heidi | 4/21/2009 5:34 pm

Heidi I am sorry you lost your Grandmother. I love that picture of your Grandparents. They look like they were awesome people.

Melissa | 4/22/2009 12:54 pm

What a wonderful picture. They look so happy together – and even though I didn’t know them, they just look like they belong together. :)

I hope your trip was a good one, and that you are comforted as you miss your dear grandma.

Vicki | 4/26/2009 1:59 pm

That was very beautiful, thanks for posting it. That’s my favorite picture of them.