Heidi March 27th, 2009
Two to provide the tools.
Two to saw the doorknob off a locked closet.
One to give the rescued toddler a plastic firefighter hat.
And another to give him junior firefighter badge stickers.
Tip for the Day:
If you ever buy a house that (very strangely) has door knobs on random doors around the house…..
….. That can only be unlocked by a key.
And the previous owner doesn’t give you that key.
Replace the door knobs.
Before you have to call 9-1-1.
- Of the five doors in our house like this, Bubbers picked the safest one to suddenly learn to lock himself behind.
- My blessed son waited to lock himself in my closet with all my clothes until after I was fully dressed for the day.
- He remained completely calm as we waited and talked through the door about the firefighters who were coming to help him open the door.
- The firefighters were extremely understanding, helpful and sweet toward Bubbers.
- Bubbers loves to play peek-a-boo in my hanging shirts. So when I told him to go hide in my clothes before the firefighter started to saw, he knew what I was talking about and did it. So he was safe.
Where we’re headed after lunch:
To pick up five new non-key lock door knobs at Lowe’s.
p.s. The last time I called 9-1-1 was almost exactly one year ago.
And it also involved a locked door.