Snapshot in Time: 16 Weeks Pregnant

Fish

Most everything else

• What I still can’t eat:

Chicken, beef or pork

• How I’m feeling:

Very good!

• Old side effects holding on:

A killer gag reflex

• New side effects:

Acid reflux and lots of TUMS (starting a trimester earlier than with Bubbers)

Leg muscle pain when I walk (again starting a trimester earlier than with Bubbers)

• What weirds me out:

Often forgetting I’m pregnant

• What is really fun:

Little, mellow movements that remind me I’m pregnant :)

• Official guesses:

Charming: “I think it’s a girl.”

Heidi: “I think it’s a girl, but it kind of scares me.”

Bubbers: “Baby?!  Baby!!”

Darcy D | 1/6/2009 11:51 pm

You are showing just perfectly! I took a Pepcid AC everyday with my 2nd pregnancy and never had heartburn. IT was great. So do you just not like the taste of chicken, beef and pork?

JS | 1/7/2009 7:29 am

It seems like everything (aches, pains, etc.) starts earlier huh! I’m having what I thought was just butt pain…turns out it’s sciatica(?) bummer. Oh and we are having a girl, fine with me but scares Michael!

alycia | 1/7/2009 9:31 am

I’m glad you’re feeling better. Do you know when you get to find out the gender? We’re finding out this Friday, it’s pretty exciting! :) I’m excited to see what you’re having too!

Wandering Nana-Linda | 1/7/2009 9:59 am

What a glow you have.

Neighbor Katie ~;o) | 1/7/2009 10:46 am

What an adorable prego belly! You sure have popped out over the holidays! I am so excited for you and looking forward to seeing what the gender is! My vote: A Girl!!

charlotte | 1/7/2009 12:51 pm

Awwww! You look gorgeous Heidi!! So radiant:) Sorry to hear the heartburn is kicking in early. I had that with all my pregnancies too and it is miserable.

Melissa | 1/7/2009 2:16 pm

You do look beautiful, Heidi! So full of joy and love for your growing family. :) Can you believe you’re nearly halfway? I think after your first, each subsequent pregnancy goes faster! Or at least for me, it did… And don’t feel bad about “forgetting” you’re pregnant – I think with a little toddler running around, it’s completely understandable. :) Can’t even eat chicken, huh? Chicken was my one “safe” meat when I was carrying each of my boys…until my pregnancy w/ my daughter…I distinctly remember MAKING myself choke down some chicken from a dish I usually loved because I knew I needed the protein! Maybe you ARE having a girl! ;) Can’t wait to hear the news…

Neighbor Katie ~;o) | 1/7/2009 5:33 pm

BTW, I couldn’t eat much meat when I was preggo with my daughter as well! ~;o)

tearese | 1/7/2009 9:03 pm

I have so much I want to say about this, but I can’t at the moment…..
You look great!

Suzanne | 1/8/2009 3:24 am

You look so great Heidi and good to hear you are feeling better.

Kedra Simpson | 1/8/2009 10:19 pm

you look great!!! My doc gave me a med that helped a ton with heartburn. I took one pill in the morning when i woke up and was fine the rest of the day. i will send you the name of it and you can ask your doc about it.