Should I be getting worried?

December 19th, 2008

Earlier this week, Charming went on a business trip for a few days.

Bubbers missed his Daddy immensely and once he got home again, Bubbers wouldn’t let him out of his sight!

The next day, when Charming got home from work, Bubbers reached up his little hand and grasped his Father’s finger.

And then he led his Father into the toy room…..

….. and shut the door.

Hmm, I thought, I wonder what they’re doing in there?

After a few minutes, I softly opened the door and peeked my head inside.

Charming smiled up from the Yahtzee game they were playing and said, “Hi! Come on in!”

I started to step inside, but Bubbers immediately shook his head and said, “No, no, no.”

He fast walked up to the door…..

….. and shut it.

In my face.

I looked at the door in shock.

And then threw back my head and laughed.

Inside the toy room, Charming was laughing, too.

He’s never done that before, I thought to myself.

Then I shrugged my shoulders and went back to fixing dinner.

He deserves some private time with his Dad, I thought.

The next day, Charming went to work and came home early to help me clean the house in preparation for his parents’ visit for the holidays.

As soon as Daddy walked in the house, Bubbers squealed in delight and grabbed his Daddy’s finger.

Thump, thump, thump went his little feet as he led his Daddy into the toy room and…..

….. shut the door.

Hmm.

Should I be getting worried?

Andrea | 12/19/2008 10:08 pm

I think that is very cute! you don’t have to worry about a thing. he will always be your mama’s little boy, he just likes his dad too. I think it is such an important time in a child’s life to want to spend some time with their dad, he might not appreciate it now but he will when he gets older he will be glad that he got to spend as much time as he could. again, i think it is very cute! i just love kids!

Vicki | 12/19/2008 10:52 pm

That’s a fun story. I guess that Yahtzee must be a man’s game or something. Sounds like sometimes he wants one on one time with his Dad. That’s cute!

charlotte | 12/19/2008 11:03 pm

What a sweet little Daddy’s boy! That father-son bond is a powerful thing. Micah is the daddy’s boy at our house – he thinks Jase is his permanent barcalounger.

Suzanne | 12/20/2008 3:13 am

How sweet, the male bonding is happening early in your home, but bubbers will always know that mum is close by and I am sure if you went away for a few days, he would be shutting the door on dad and spending the time with his mum.

Darcy D | 12/20/2008 11:11 am

That is just too cute.

leah | 12/21/2008 9:04 pm

That is so funny! I know how you feel though. Every day Kade asks “Where’s daddy?” and any sound by our door he runs yelling “Daddy’s home! Daddy’s home!” Am I not as cool as Daddy? However, when they are sick or tired – who do our little boys want to be with the most? Mommy. :)

Starwoodgal | 12/22/2008 7:47 am

That is so funny!

Susy Balaz | 12/23/2008 12:37 am

I hadn’t looked at your blog for a while and I enjoyed all the post that I missed!

I also want to take the time to wish you, Charming and the Bubbers a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Tell your Mother I said hello and wish her a Merry Christmas!

Heidi | 1/15/2009 10:44 pm

Thank you! I passed on your sweet sentiments. :)

Heidi | 12/23/2008 1:31 pm

Oh how funny! You can tell he loves his Daddy! But I know he loves his Momma too! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!