By chance, do you know?…..

December 9th, 2008

….. How these little stockings were made?

(And how would I learn to do it, too?)

Thank you!!

Heidi :)

Suzanne | 12/10/2008 6:59 am

Heidi, they are adorable, I am not sure how to help but one of my blog friends Christy at Sweet Tidings is very talented. She is always making some lovely homemade Christmas delights.

charlotte | 12/10/2008 7:06 am

Well, they are obviously crocheted. I could probably figure out the pattern for you if you are interested (looks like a combination of single and double crochets) – not too hard! Do you already know how to crochet?

Roxanne | 12/10/2008 8:28 am

I made these one time and I think I remember that they were called “Granny Squares.” They were easy but it’s just tedious changing colors. I would sit and do all the centers for however many you need.

Julie | 12/10/2008 1:34 pm

It looks like a pentagon shaped “Granny Square”, that has been folded in half and stitched up the side. I’ve never done a 5 sided one, but I’m guessing it wouldn’t be too hard, and you could probably find instructions on the internet. Or from a friend. If you don’t know anything about crocheting I would be happy to teach you the basics. That is really all you need to know.

Kara | 12/11/2008 1:36 pm

That’s what it looks like to me too! :)

Good luck learning to crochet Heidi! I learned in college and have made all kinds of fun things! I hope it’s fun for you!

Sara | 12/10/2008 5:28 pm

I wanted to include that I too crochet, and I would love to take an afternoon and show you how to make these if you would like me to. I have lots of yarn that we could practice with before we do the real thing. Good luck!
Sara Hammond

Heidi | 12/10/2008 8:27 pm

Wow, thank you everyone for your help! No, I don’t know how to crochet (I suspected these were–but didn’t even know for sure!).

I would love to learn how–thank you so much for offering, Julie and Sara! Would after the holidays work for either of you??