Cougar Cousins

September 7th, 2008

We had a very special treat that really made yesterday’s UW vs. BYU game one of the highlights of our summer…..

My brother, Brett, came up to visit with his beautiful wife and two adorable sons.

And right before the game, we dressed all the little guys up in their BYU colors for an impromptu photo shoot.

“Hey guys,” Bubbers suddenly said to his cousins, “You’ve gotta check out the bristles on this brush.”

“You won’t believe how smooth and natural they feel on your hair.”

“What are you guys laughing at? I’m serious!”

Then we left the Bubbers king (and his brush) with a baby-sitter and headed to the game.

At first, Brett’s littlest man (isn’t he just adorable?!) didn’t quite know what to make of all these crazed, screaming adults randomly jumping up and waving their arms around.

But it wasn’t long before he understood and joined along!

“Gooooo Cougars!!”

(Holy smokes, I just want to squeeze this kid!)

And Brett’s oldest little man was such a good sport, too.

PICT0168 medium

(Though he kept distracting me with those gorgeous eyes).

(And that sweet little smile that makes his cheeks all round).

(And the cute way he’d always say, “Cheeeese!” every time I pulled out the camera).

And then out of nowhere we ran into our good friend, Larry!

Who hadn’t seen my brother, Brett, in over twelve years!

PICT0256 edited 2

Holy smokes, what a fun day!!

(Thanks for coming, Brett–we sure love you guys!)

Starwoodgal | 9/8/2008 6:57 am

Looks like y’al had a wonderful time!

Suzanne | 9/8/2008 8:00 am

Love the 3 boys on the couch together, its so cute seeing all the cousins together. Bubbers looks so grown up in that photo with his cousins. How did bubbers go when you left him and took those other 2 handsome young men out.

Heidi | 9/8/2008 11:43 pm

He was sad to say goodbye (poor little guy!). :(

tearese | 9/8/2008 9:17 am

Isn’t it fun when you run into friends? Looks like a great day. Before I married, I lived in a house just over the Montlake Bridge from the stadium, and the traffic was so crazy during the games!
Bubbers is built just like his little cousin, isn’t he.

Kedra Simpson | 9/8/2008 10:01 am

It looks like you had a great time at the game. I am glad they won because my fun and crazy brother-in-law came up from Utah for it. I did not want to hear about them losing for the remainder of his stay. :)

Plus your hair is very cute. I haven’t been able to check your blog lately, so when I saw you yesterday at church was the first time I saw it shorter. I love it!

Heidi | 9/8/2008 11:44 pm

Thank you, Kedra! I really needed a change and love it, too.

Brett's wife | 9/8/2008 3:12 pm

What an awesome post, Heidi! I always love the way your pictures turn out, and the way you capture those adorable little eyes and cheeks (on all 3 boys). What an incredible game, and oh, what fun we had! We love spending time with you guys! Thanks for everything.

Melissa | 9/8/2008 3:17 pm

GO COUGARS! What a game, huh? SO JEALOUS that you got to go! ;) It was perfect weather that day. Your pics turned out great. Love the cousins’ matching outfits! Those nephews of yours are precious!

Jesse | 9/9/2008 9:38 am

We are pretty jealous that you guys got to go to the game. Nothing like watching it in the stadium. Brett has a beautiful family! What fun for all of you to be together.

Natalie | 9/9/2008 2:24 pm

How fun to see Brett. It looks like you had a great time together. I love reading your blog. Your pictures turn out with such great clarity.

Vicki | 9/15/2008 1:20 pm

Wow, looks like a great game. Love those pictures, the grandsons looked like they were enjoying each other.