Bubbers and the laundry

July 2nd, 2008

So, one lazy afternoon a while back, I was sitting in the family room folding laundry while the Bubbers king littered the kitchen with toys, recycled our new tetherball and wrestled his pillow without mercy.

And I watched it all with a mother’s adoring eye when all of a sudden he turned around, locked eyes with the laundry basket I was using and immediately toddled over to it.

With a little grunt, he reached out with both hands and started pushing it across the room.

“Wait, wait!” I laughed and lunged forward, grabbing hold of my basket of folded treasures.

“I need this basket, Little Man, but you can have this one,” I explained kindly and redirected his attention to an empty basket nearby.

With another grunt, he changed course and seized the empty basket I offered.

After pushing it across the room, he suddenly bent down, flipped it right side up and spent the next 15 minutes doing this…..

My favorite things about this video:

• The twinkle in his eye
  • The great Bubbers gusto in his movements
  • The little grunts he makes (that you can’t hear because I muted it–sorry!)
  • The recycled tetherball in the background
  • His inability to resist the green bead

p.s. Sorry I’ve already used this song in a previous movie, but I couldn’t resist because it fit so perfectly…..  Please overlook the repeat.  Thank you! :)

tearese | 7/2/2008 10:12 pm

ISn’t it funny how they copy? Today Joshua was sitting on the floor with the broom and sweeping. We have pictures from last summer of Elora helping me ‘fold’ the towels and dish cloths too.

Starwoodgal | 7/3/2008 6:26 am

Now that’s funny! Can you send him to my house to demonstrate putting laundry in the basket to my husband? :)

Kara | 7/3/2008 8:15 am

What a helper! :) I thought the song fit perfectly!

charlotte | 7/3/2008 11:13 am

Aw, supercute! Now that he’s doing chores does that mean you’re going to start paying him an allowance?

Melissa and Dorian Ducker | 7/3/2008 4:43 pm

My latest post as of NOW is a picture that Dorian took while he was on a camping trip all by himself. I immediately thought of you. I thought you might like it…a lot, but I could be completely wrong! :o)
I’m sure you would’ve gotten a better picture of the building, but hey. I just wanted to share it with you.

Wandering Nana-Linda | 7/3/2008 5:14 pm

Keep a copy of this so when he gets old enough to do laundry you can show him how much he enjoyed it. Love the song.

Heidi | 7/4/2008 2:23 pm

LOL! You guys are so funny. :):)
—–
@Starwoodgal: Ha! I’ll ask him what he thinks about that. :):) Thank you for your comment and welcome!!

Melissa | 7/5/2008 10:59 am

So cute! Now, if only I felt as enthusiastic about laundry!! And I agree with Wandering Nana-Linda – you may need to use this video as a reminder in the future! ;)