Charming’s sense of humor

June 17th, 2008

I think I mentioned before that I’ve learned almost all I know about photo editing from my husband, Prince Charming.

You see, he brought Fireworks to our marriage over 7 years ago and when I eventually expressed interest in learning how to use it, he was more than happy to teach me (thanks, Love!!).

Now I’ve been editing pictures on my own for quite some time and I’ve finally come to the realization that Charming’s idea of editing photos and my idea of editing photos are not the same.

For example:

scan0020

Just last night I took this lovely scanned photo from my parents’ wedding almost 40 years ago.

scan0020 cropped & edited

And edited it by removing the dust, boosting the contrast and cropping the edges.

As you can see, my goal when editing any given picture is to improve upon what was originally there.

“Well, of course!” you may cry out, “Isn’t that what everyone tries to do when they edit a picture?

I used to think that was true…..

Until Prince Charming proved me wrong.

Waaaaay wrong.

For example:

FamilyFixed2 edited

A few years ago, we went to my parent’s house for a family reunion and Charming got a hold of this picture.

edited All Makayla

And promptly gave us all our niece Kayla’s hair.

And then Kayla couldn’t stop laughing when she saw it, so her cousin Meg asked if Uncle Charming could do something with her.

edited All Megan

“No problem!” he said and a few clicks later had her face pasted across the board.

Then her older brother, Ry, asked if Uncle Charming could do the same thing with his face.

edited All Ryan

And Charming said, “Sure!” and randomly pasted Ry’s face on a row or two of unsuspecting relatives.

By this time, nieces and nephews were swarming Charming’s laptop, eagerly awaiting his next masterpiece.

edited All EmmaBig

Like the ginormous Emma heads.

edited All SeanBig

And the wonderfully pouting Sean heads.

It was all a huge hit and from that day on, Charming was known as the photo editing genius.

And the next time we all got together, Charming and those kids were at it again!

Two Sammys

But this time, the name of the game was: Make yourself a twin.

Two Ryans

So Ry played himself at cards.

Two Seans

And Sean told himself a joke.

Two Megans

Then Meg let herself in the front door.

Two Megans Outside

And then ran and played outside together.

Two Emmas

After that, Emma conversed with herself.

Two Emmas Outside

Then went outside, too.

Two Sams

And last (but not least!) Uncle Sam beat himself up (while my Mom read a newspaper in the background).

Now, up until this point, I’d laughed along with Charming’s editing adventures and been a full supporter of his creative productions.

Until.

The Bubbers King.

Three eyes

And Charming thought it was pretty hysterical to email this picture of our poor little 3 month old Bubbers to all his co-workers.

Naturally, I just about had a coronary (especially when his co-workers couldn’t see Bubbers’ face very clearly in Charming’s email and just thought that was how Bubbers really looked!!)

So then Charming backed off our beloved first born and I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Until.

Last night.

Son_Daddy switch

And now I’m suing him for copyright infringement.

Alycia | 6/17/2008 3:01 pm

That’s hilarious, I love it! Who knew? :)

Kara | 6/17/2008 5:32 pm

Um, is that some of Charming’s chin on Bubbers in the last picture? The photo editing genius needs to clean that up a bit! :) I think I’d freak out over a three eyed picture of my child too!

apple | 6/17/2008 5:35 pm

That is hilarious, but also a little disturbing…ha ha!!!

Jesse | 6/17/2008 6:01 pm

The twin pictures are pretty impressive, but that last one… Those are serious skills. Pretty funny.

Heidi | 6/17/2008 8:48 pm

@Alycia: Yeah, Charming is full of hidden talents. :)

@Kara: That was exactly what I asked him last night and he said Bubbers’ chin was cut off by his shirt in the original picture, so when he moved it–it turned out like that. He was going to try and fix it, but it would have taken a really long time and still didn’t look super great, so he just left it. :)

@Apple: I totally agree–every time I look at them, I laugh and shudder all at the same time! :)

@Jesse: Isn’t he funny? I don’t know where he comes up with these things! :)

tearese | 6/17/2008 10:52 pm

Those are great! I thought the twin ones were my favoirte, until I saw the last one! Good Stuff.

JS | 6/18/2008 5:13 am

Yes, kind of creeepy! But I have never laughed harder…the last one made me laugh the most!

Suzanne | 6/18/2008 6:12 am

You have a very creative charming this post is just so fun to read.

Wandering Nana-Linda | 6/18/2008 11:41 am

I definitely need to take classes. This just looks like too much fun.

m | 6/18/2008 12:04 pm

Thanks, Love! You did a great job with this post. The way you wrote it made me laugh! I love you!

Vicki | 6/18/2008 1:37 pm

That was hilarious. I have seen some of Charming’s talents before, but he has taking them to new levels. O.K., in the next family picture I want to have the face and figure of some gorgeous Hollywood celebrity. That should be easy for Charming! Love, Mom

Melissa | 6/19/2008 3:33 pm

Hilarious! Those twin ones are awesome – and very authentic looking! :) But that last one definitely my favorite. Bubbers will get a huge kick out of that when he’s a little older!

Kati | 6/27/2008 11:28 pm

Wow, how did he do those twin pictures?!