Behind the scenes: The bathtub

April 8th, 2008

Please allow me to take you back to the scene of this crime.

It occurred one innocent afternoon while I was unpacking and organizing the upstairs guest bathroom.

I was sorting through a pile of lotions and soaps when out of nowhere the Bubbers monster came swooping in on us, leaving complete and utter destruction in his wake.

Thoroughly unprepared for this sudden attack, I watched helplessly as it headed straight for the side of the cabinet.

The poor toilet paper tried so hard to get away, but it was too late.

The Bubbers monster captured him and before I knew what was happening, it was all over.

The poor toilet paper was a mere shadow of his former self and as I desperately tried to put him back together, I decided I just had to post about it for his dear, unraveled sake.

So in an effort to contain the infamous Bubbers monster while I took documenting footage of the product of his fury, I put him in the bathtub.

PICT0113 cropped & edited

Because the Bubbers monster loves the bathtub.

PICT0061 cropped

And (to the relief of toilet paper rolls everywhere) the Bubbers monster cannot get out of the bathtub by himself.

PICT0120 cropped

So I felt confident in getting my camera and taking pictures of the poor, assaulted tissue paper.

PICT0068 cropped

And while I took pictures, I noticed the Bubbers monster sliding over to the water knob.

PICT0051 cropped

And fiddling around with it.

PICT0074 cropped

But I didn’t bat an eye, because I knew for a fact that he didn’t know how to turn the water on.

PICT0055 cropped

And then.

PICT0056 cropped

He did.

tearese | 4/8/2008 12:05 pm

I used to lay elora in the sink while I went to the bathroom. She was really little. One day, she turned the water on herself!
Bubbers little curls of hair are so cute!

Ailene Hert | 4/8/2008 12:15 pm

Funny how the kids like to surprise you!

Melissa | 4/8/2008 2:15 pm

I was going to say the same thing as Tearese – LOVE his little curls!! So precious! And I have to tell you that I’m beginning to covet your camera in a major way! My poor little 2.1 megapixel (I know, it’s ancient) just doesn’t cut it for me anymore…pictures not as sharp as I’d like, and if we’re inside and the flash is used it’s almost always a total wash-out. :( I just love how clear your pictures turn out, and how true-to life the lighting/color always seems. *sigh* I think I’m just going to have to start saving my pennies… ;)

m | 4/8/2008 2:24 pm

Just to clarify…his curls were not cute nor adorable. They were feminine and, so, have been destroyed.

That is all.

Aimee | 4/8/2008 2:57 pm

Hehehe. I love it. I shudder to think of the destruction Jilly and Bubbers could wreak together. She’d paint everything with Vaseline, he’ll try to wipe everything up with toilet paper and then hose it all down. ;-)

Wandering Nana-Linda | 4/8/2008 7:15 pm

It seems to me,even though I didn’t know him as a child, that the child has the twinkle in his eye much like his father. I think if M were to ask his parents he would probably find that the monster Bubbers is following in the footsteps of his father. Watch out door knobs. Oh and the curls are darling and will grow back no matter how often they are cut…. look at Dad “)