The Masses Have Spoken

March 20th, 2008

Well, it looks like the sepia has been unanimously voted off the island.

PICT0168 cropped & edited sepia

So long, sepia….. Thanks for playing!

But it looks like the contest isn’t over, yet, because Wandering Nana-Linda asked to see a black and white version, so I dialed it up and here it is:

PICT0168 cropped & edited b&w

Hmm, I kind of like it….. But it feels a little too detached and cold to me. What do ya’ll think?

And wait a minute–it looks like we have one more possible contestant, because Shawna asked to see the sepia with red lips, so I asked Charming how to do it, and this is what I got:

PICT0168 red lips

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! My son’s wearing lipstick!!!

(Holy smokes, is that scary looking or what?!)

So, yeah, that’s probably out of the running since I can’t look at it without getting the creepy crawlers and his father would most certainly veto it.

But first, let’s see what happens when I try to tone it down a little:

PICT0168 red lips adjusted

Nope. Still giving me the creepy crawlers.

Oh, well….. I was afraid this would happen when Charming said I could have my cake and eat it, too.

So, I guess that narrows it down to the original favorite:

PICT0168 cropped & edited

(Sorry, Little Bubbers Man–Mommy really wasn’t trying to make you look like a woman!)

Kara | 3/20/2008 10:03 am

Hmmm… that best of both worlds thing didn’t work out so well did it? :)

Apple | 3/20/2008 3:49 pm

I like the original better. I wouldn’t change a thing.

Wandering Nana-Linda | 3/20/2008 5:52 pm

I like the colored one the best. The lips were a little too red in the sepia but it would make a great cover for the next Vampire book by Stephanie Meyer- Edward as a young boy- just a thought.

Heidi | 3/20/2008 7:11 pm

Nope, it sure didn’t, Kara. :)
—–
Thanks, Apple–you are always so sweet.
—–
LOL! My son–a VAMPIRE! Holy smokes, that’s the last thing I would have thought of, but that is too funny. :)

Apple | 3/21/2008 5:32 am

Your welcome. I love reading your blog and seeing what little Bubbers will get into next.
To answer your question…I started my wrecked journal in January. It has been a blast wrecking it because from birth parents and teachers have been saying “Books are our friends…don’t mess them up.” I guess I liked being a little defiant with this one! Ha Ha

Ailene Hert | 3/21/2008 5:45 am

Awww… I don’t think the sepia one should be “voted off the island.” I still like it! It depends on what you’re going to use it for!!! :)

Michelle | 3/21/2008 5:55 am

I vote for the original – it’s fabulous.

Tearese | 3/21/2008 9:37 am

yeah, when you mentioned putting the red lips on the sepia, I thought it might look a little odd!