Necessity: The Mother of Invention

February 25th, 2008

A while back, Charming had a brilliant idea.

PICT0119

He bungee-corded our recycle bin and trash can to the side of our cabinets.

PICT0042 cropped

Because every time this little guy gets put in his walker.

PICT0037 cropped

He heads straight for the recycle bin.

PICT0047 cropped

And rummages around for hidden treasures.

PICT0050 cropped

Like empty cereal boxes.

PICT0048 cropped

Which he loves with great fondness.

PICT0054 cropped

Aww, hi Little Man with cute bedhead!

PICT0053 cropped

Whatcha got there?

PICT0056 cropped

Is that Daddy’s favorite cereal? ….. It sure is.

PICT0059 cropped

Do you wanna keep it?

PICT0061 cropped

“Ehhhh!!”

PICT0065 cropped

Oh, I’m so glad–me, too! :):)

m | 2/25/2008 2:15 pm

So cute! To be honest, though, I think the idea of restraining the cans was Heidi’s. I drilled the holes.

Great post, Love!

Jesse | 2/25/2008 4:07 pm

I just wanna hold those little cheeks and give ’em a kiss.

alycia | 2/25/2008 4:47 pm

I think his hair is just adorable in these pictures!

andrea | 2/25/2008 8:21 pm

sooooo cute is he!!! great idea with the trash cans. isabelle likes to get into the trash cans as well.

Melissa | 2/26/2008 12:00 am

Such cute pics! And what a good idea to secure the trash/recycling bins! I’m sure you’ll have more opportunities to come up with solutions like that as he gets more mobile! By the way, is he crawling yet?

Tearese | 2/26/2008 9:33 am

I would just be scared of his somehow unhooking the bungee cord and getting flipped with the pokey end!

Heidi | 2/26/2008 2:31 pm

Thanks, everyone!!

Melissa: No, he hasn’t started crawling! We kept waiting and waiting, but he loves to “walk” so much with our hands and the furniture that now we think he’s going to completely skip crawling and go right to the walking. Which, to be honest, is fine with me, since it’s given me almost 11 months of a stationary baby. :):)

Tearese: LOL!! That’s EXACTLY what I was afraid of (that is too funny that you thought that, too). So, I made Charming put in TWO little hooks on each side of the cord, so that if one hook came out then there was another one still holding the bungee cord. (I was going to make him do more than two, but he thought I was being a little too paranoid, so we compromised at two). I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks of every possible disaster/accident that could happen (and then brainstorms how to keep it from happening). :):)