When it rains, it pours!

December 19th, 2007

Wow, Little Man is really taking this 8-months-old thing seriously!

Not only can he wave now, he’s also figured out his WALKER.

Since Charming and I have a one-story house (they call it a “rambler” out here–anyone else ever heard of that before??), we thought a walker would be really fun for the little dude.

We started putting him in it months ago to add a little spice and variety to his day.

But at first, he didn’t do much.

Just flopped here and there.

After a while, he started playing with the toys I piled on top of it, which was really fun to watch.

Then one day he started moving in it and backed himself up until he ran into the wall and couldn’t move any more.

AND THEN it happened.

One afternoon he could actually control it!

And you know where he went?

The trash can!

Oh yeah, baby, elbow deep in trash.

That’s what I’m talkin’ about!

Ever since then, he’s been completely unstoppable!!

Now, any time I’m in the kitchen and I look down, this is what I see…..

PICT0033 cropped

And I love it!

He’s like my little shadow, bustin’ around the corner to see what I’m up to and wantin’ to be in the middle of all the action with Mom.

And yesterday I ran around the kitchen dancing to “Baby It’s Cold Outside” and he plowed along right behind me with a big grin on his face!

This seriously rocks.

(Except for the fact that he’s bruised both my heels and amputated precisely 5.78 of my toes. Yowch!)

But you wanna know my favorite part of this whole thing?

For the first time in his life, he can go where he wants.

And now that he can do that, it’s a window into his mind that I’m totally addicted to watching.

Because I just know that inside this infant body is an incredible spirit who fascinates me and I’m getting to know just that much better now.

Jesse | 12/19/2007 10:47 am

Every milestone is magical. Enjoy them!

whimsy | 12/19/2007 10:50 am

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! This is so FANTASTIC! And I totally understand what you’re saying about getting this indication of what’s going on his his noggin. So totally cool.

And also very cute, indeed.

m | 12/19/2007 12:14 pm

Awesome post! One quick thing is that it was the recycle bin and not the trash can. We have a lid on the trash can…we’re not savages!

Heidi | 12/19/2007 12:22 pm

LOL! Yes, you’re right, Charming… I just thought “trash can” sounded funnier to read than “recycle bin”, so I took a little literary license there… :)

andrea | 12/19/2007 5:58 pm

thank you for the sweet comment! I will try to post things as often as i can or when things come to me.

Tearese | 12/19/2007 6:06 pm

wow thats great! Elora never had a walker. HEr thing to get into was the movies, there was always a huge pile around her every evening.

Ailene Hert | 12/19/2007 8:53 pm

Hahaha… how cute! Jorden had a walker for a little while… but then he climbed out of it all the time (I think he was about 9 months old when he was climbing out of it). We have a video of him playing an escape artist… he’d stand up straight in the walker… tip his body over to one side (with the walker still upright), put his head and hands on the floor… then the rest would follow! :)

Apple | 12/20/2007 7:44 am

He is too cute!! Thanks for sharing…your Bubbers always puts a smile on my face :)

Heidi | 12/20/2007 10:59 pm

Ailene:
Jorden climbed OUT of his walker?? Holy smokes, I didn’t ever think of that! Hopefully Bubbers won’t figure that out anytime soon… :)
—–
Apple:
Aw, thank you! It warms my heart to know he makes you smile–thank you for visiting and sharing that with me!

Ailene Hert | 12/21/2007 12:02 am

I just sent a couple pictures to your email address Heidi… I checked the date on them, and he was just under 9 months old when I took the photos that I sent you!

I’m going to send another one… showing that child gates didn’t deter this child either… I think the stork switched my package with a monkey… haha.

Ailene Hert | 12/21/2007 12:12 am

Okay, couldn’t resist, and I sent you a couple more photos from my other email address… hope you have some good laughs! :)

Heidi | 12/21/2007 3:17 pm

Ailene:
Those were AWESOME pictures! I still can’t believe Jorden could climb out of his walker, up his gate and into his high chair! He really is a little monkey. :) (And an adorable one at that!)

Ailene Hert | 12/21/2007 11:54 pm

Hahaha… thanks! Your son makes an adorable elephant… (and from your latest post… and adorable beaver too)! :)

charlotte | 12/24/2007 1:51 pm

Yay for mobility! I’m glad you are enjoying your little shadow. Our kids always think the garbage can is their personal treasure trove too (lidded or not, Charming!). What a cutie pie, Heidi:) I wish I could see him motor along in person!