Heidi November 16th, 2007
Holy smokes–my first tag! I’m so excited, I can hardly wait (thank you, Pam!)…
1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Now, the last time I did something like this, Charlotte said my answers weren’t very surprising, so this time I’m really trying hard for at least one thing that catches you by surprise. If not, you know me way too well…
1. As mentioned in the chicken story, I grew up on a farm of sorts. At one point, my Dad decided he wanted to raise llamas.
“What on earth do you do with llamas?” people at school frequently asked me with a blank stare.
“Well, umm, you see…” was my intelligent reply.
My Dad said they were like artwork: very expensive and nice to look at.
Oh yeah, check it out. My incredible sense of fashion was evident even at an early age.
2. I have an aversion to toilets and non-carpeted floors. Being near them makes me very uneasy.
I actually just discovered this recently, so I’m not sure if I acquired it as an adult or if it’s been secretly festering in me always.
Either way, it’s real and makes it quite difficult for me to want to clean the floors and bathrooms in my house (as if I needed it to be any harder…).
Fortunately, Charming offered me a killer deal: He’ll clean all the floors and toilets in the house if I’ll change all stinky diapers and do the budget.
Are you kidding me? Absolutely!!
3. Currently, there are approximately 100 bananas in my upright freezer waiting to be turned into banana bread sometime before the millennium.
4. I grew up on goat’s milk.
Before the llamas, we had a bunch of goats.
They were very cute and cuddly.
Well, all of them except our billy goat. We called him Leo Pee-o because he urinated on himself to attract the ladies.
(Wow, did I just write that outloud? Huh, I guess I did…).
Boy, it’s a good thing I labeled this picture so well. You never know when a goat might be mistaken for, oh, I don’t know–a turkey or something crazy like that.
5. I love school. From kindergarten to my master’s degree–school was absolute heaven for me.
When I worked as a speech-language pathologist, I chose to work in schools because (as I told the Personnel woman who interviewed me), “When I walk into an elementary school, I feel like I’m coming home.”
And come on, who can resist adorable kindergarteners who don’t look where they’re going because they’re smiling so huge up at you and almost run into the flagpole?
And sassy first graders who insist you should name your baby after them? Multiple times. In the same day.
6. My family calls me the “historian”.
It was the running joke in my family that if you couldn’t remember when something happened to have Heidi go look it up in her journal.
“Hey Heidi,” one of my older brothers would call out with a big grin on his face, “When was the last time I sat on you in the front yard and stuck grass up your nose?”
Then I ran like a crazed banshee to hide behind Mom’s legs and tattle my head off.
7. And last, but most definitely not least: I am a sucker for all things romantic.
As a youth, I frequently read poetry books in meadows while clad in formal gowns and bare feet.
And then Prince Charming appeared, hefted me onto his noble steed while reciting poetry by heart and I swooned.
Okay, now it’s your turn…
p.s. That was so fun, thanks again for tagging me, Pam!