Snape, Snape, Severus Snape

October 11th, 2007

I fed my son this morning at 3:00 a.m. Afterwards, I slid back into my wonderfully soft, warm bed.

I closed my eyes and sighed, waiting for luxurious sleep to be restored.

I waited. And waited.

You want to know what came to me instead of sleep? What suddenly began playing in my head and wouldn’t stop?

This.

Snape, Snape, Severus Snape
Dumbledore!
Snape, Snape, Severus Snape
Dumbledore!

Over and over and over in my head.

It’s all Charming’s fault. No more watching or singing bizarre YouTube videos before bedtime.

tearese | 10/11/2007 1:11 pm

oh no, that was so funny! And annoying. Dumbledore took his clothes off! Aaahhh!

Whimsy | 10/11/2007 1:22 pm

I refused to watch, because at this point in time, I am horribly and terribly cursed with GETTING THE MOST IRRITATING AND REPETITIVE SONG IN MY HEAD THAT COMES TO ME ONLY AT 2AM. AND STAYS THERE UNTIL MORNING. BECAUSE I’VE BEEN AWAKE THROUGH THE ENTIRE THING.

Glad to know it’s not just me.

Heidi | 10/11/2007 2:46 pm

Tearese–I know, I actually rewound it to see if Dumbledore had clothes in the beginning, and he did. What on earth happened to them and why??

Whimsy–Oh, no! Is it the same song that always gets stuck or different ones?

Charlotte | 10/11/2007 7:24 pm

We have the exact same problem at our house Heidi. All Jason has to do is look at me and say Snape and I freak out.

Whimsy | 10/12/2007 8:34 am

It’s different songs, actually. A few months ago it was that Peter, Jon, & Bjorn song: Young Folks, and most recently (last night) it’s Take a Chance on Me (thanks to last night’s episode of The Office).

Snape, Snape!

Anonymous | 10/12/2007 5:10 pm

i can’t believe it!! that is way too funny. and tearese is right about dumbledore without any clothes. that was just too random!
andrea

Rick | 10/12/2007 5:19 pm

Now that will be stuck in my head at 3 AM! What happened to Dumbledore’s robe?

Heidi | 10/12/2007 8:58 pm

Whimsy–I don’t think I know those songs… But I’m afraid to listen to them in case they become MY new 3 a.m. songs. :)

Andrea–Isn’t it so weird? It’s definitely something that grows on you. The first time I watched it I thought it was amusing, but each successive time I’ve thought it was more and more funny. Maybe I need help…

Rick–Welcome back! Oh, I hope it doesn’t get stuck in your head–I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. :) I thought the same thing about Dumbledore’s robe–very strange.

tearese | 10/13/2007 8:58 am

This is now Elora’s favorite video.. she calls it the ticking song, but when she says it, it sounds like, “The chicken song”. She says it like, “Seven eight Snape…I found the chicken…boomm! Hahahaha they blew away!”
She wouldn’t go to sleep last night because she wanted me to “sing” it to her.

tearese | 10/13/2007 8:59 am

oh, and aparently there are a whole bunch of these videos that go together (I checked it out on youtube- they’re at potterpuppetpals.com, but most of them are either dumb or kind of naughty.This one was the best one. And Dumbledore takes his clothes off in ALL of them.

Rachael | 10/14/2007 4:26 pm

would you believe that my two-year-old sings herself to sleep with this song EVERY NIGHT? she knows the entire thing. even the “it’s a pipe bomb! yay! boom!” bit. i’m vaguely disturbed.

Heidi | 10/16/2007 2:15 pm

Charlotte–That’s great that Jason teases you with it! It’s become quite the joke in our house, too. I wonder how many other homes are experiencing similar issues. :)

Tearese–That is so funny that Elora loves it now! I noticed that there were a few other videos next to it in YouTube, but wasn’t brave enough to watch any of them… I’m glad to hear this was the best one. :)

Rachael–Wow, your little girl loves it, too? Hmmm, I wonder what it is about this video and toddler girls… :)