5 things Meme

September 24th, 2007

For once, I’m actually all ready for the day and the Little Man is still napping (wow!), so I’m going to take a stab at Tearese’s “5 things Meme”. (Altered just a little).

—–
5 things I was doing 5 years ago:
(sorry, I couldn’t remember enough from 10 years ago–that’s why I keep journals–I can’t remember what I did yesterday)

1. Starting my senior year at the UW
2. Learning to fall asleep while sitting up in a commuter bus
3. Waking up the strange guy snoring on my shoulder in a commuter bus
4. Applying to graduate school at the UW
5. Asking my husband to make dinner because I was too tired (I was anemic–who knew??)

—–
5 things on my to-do list today:

1. Go grocery shopping
2. Write some emails for my church calling as Enrichment Leader
3. Change my son’s diaper (he’s awake now and just let loose while sitting here in my lap–excuse me for a minute)
4. Scan 5 pages of pictures from my Mom’s 6th family photo album
5. Make dinner for my husband

—–
5 snacks I enjoy:

1. Trail mix with M&M’s
2. Costco peanut butter bars
3. Vanilla yogurt with grapes, topped with granola (mmm!)
4. Cold cereal
5. Cinnamon graham crackers dipped in milk

—–
5 things I would do if I were a millionaire:

1. Buy more clothes that fit me now
2. Buy photography lights
3. Buy Photoshop
4. Add a few more rooms to our house (and then hire a maid)
5. Save the rest and keep it a secret from our kids

—–
5 bad habits:

1. Wanting to stay up late and sleep in
2. Being indirect
3. Making piles around the house of things to do that rarely get done
4. Spending too much time online (so it’s a really good thing I started a blog)
5. Being late (and taking too much time to do things)

—–
5 things people probably don’t know about me:

1. I’m an introvert stuck in an extrovert’s body
2. I write romance stories I never finish or let anyone read
3. I worry too much about what other people think
4. I’m afraid of water and can’t swim (almost drowned as a kid and afraid ever since)
5. It’s difficult for me to call people (especially to ask for help)

—–
Um, I don’t think I’m going to tag anyone… As far as I know, Tearese and Charming are my only regular readers, and Tearese already did it and I don’t think it’s controversial enough for Charming’s blog. So, I’ll just say, “You’re it!” and whatever random person stumbles across this gets tagged. :)

tearese | 9/24/2007 9:14 am

Thanks, that was fun to read! I learned to love sleeping on the commuter bus..I think thats why I always need a nap now!
I can’t swim either, so don’t feel bad.
I also hate calling people on the phone and asking for favors; I’m always afraid I’ll get a church calling that involves the phone too much.
I used to like more healthy snacks; I think this last pregnancy messed me up though..this ice cream habit is hard to kick!
I wish I’d thought of your things to buy too…I guess I could get photo stuff with my left over millions.(and fitting clothes!)

jigs | 9/24/2007 8:23 pm

Two things:

1. Your bad habits are nothing compared to your good ones. Plus, you listed ALL of your bad habits here. There are only five.

2. You should elaborate on the fact that you nearly drowned multiple times, once by nearly being run over by a cruise ship on Lake Tahoe!!

You can read mine on my blog.

Charlotte | 9/25/2007 4:03 am

I gotta say that your 5 things people don’t know about you were not very surprising;)

And I hope when you say cold cereal you mean your homemade granola – man that’s some good stuff!!

Love you!!!

Heidi | 9/25/2007 11:09 am

Tearese–I’m glad to hear you can’t swim either! (Although, can you REALLY not swim, or just kind of not swim? I used to climb crying out of the pool at swim lessons and the teacher had to drag me back in–not pretty.) And you had some really healthy snacks on your list!! I hear you on the church calling thing–I do call for mine, but fortunately I don’t have to ask many people for things. :) (The lady above me does that!)

Charming–Thanks, Love, but you and I both know I have many more bad habits than are listed here!! :) Yeah, maybe I’ll do a post about each time I almost drowned… Thanks for doing your list! That was great to read!

Charlotte–Really? My 5 things didn’t surprise you? Not even a little bit? Well, I suppose you already knew most of them, but hopefully they’ll be a surprise to someone out there. :) And no, the cold cereal is just plain old cold cereal. I don’t think I’ve made granola since the camping trip long ago… Love you, too!

tearese | 9/25/2007 1:44 pm

I think I’m just not coordinated enough. I used to kind of be able to float…but I cant do any kind of stroke where you’re supposed to breath, and just the last few years when I get into water that I can’t touch the bottom I start hyperventilating and can’t calm down. I don’t know why, because I used to not be scared, I just couldn’t swim!