Happy Birthday to Me!

September 15th, 2007

Charming instigated some quick Craigslist shopping and online research to get us a fantastic new camera! When I hold this baby, I just feel like a real photographer. It’s black. It’s heavy. It even makes a real “click” when you snap a picture!

With Charming’s help, I took a second shot (ha, ha) at Bubbers’ five-month pictures using the new beast.

What do you think?

by Heidi 2007

by Heidi 2007

by Heidi 2007

tearese | 9/15/2007 1:26 pm

oh wow, those turned out really nice! I am so jealous…I want a new camera and four yards of black fabric too!!! What kind of camera is it? My non-digital camera is a nice SLR, but I almost never use it now because I’ve become used to being able to see my pictures right away.
Our digital camera is kind of cheap (as you can tell by the video I made with it.)

tearese | 9/15/2007 1:27 pm

oh…and happy birthday!

Heidi | 9/15/2007 1:42 pm

Thank you!! It’s a digital SLR (I’m glad that means something to you) Konica Minolta. Um, it has a nice lens that says “18-70” on it. (I have so much to learn about all this!)

Our old one was an HP Photosmart, a great first digital camera (I will miss how compact it is).

Heidi | 9/15/2007 1:44 pm

Thank you for the birthday wish! It’s actually not for a couple months–so it was an early present (since Charming knew I wouldn’t want to go a day without a camera). :)

tearese | 9/17/2007 2:18 pm

Heidi- if you go into your blog and look under “settings” it will give you the option of archiving your pages. I think thats how I did mine by the month. Hope it works!

Jesse | 9/24/2007 3:29 pm

Wow. This is one adorable kid you’ve got here! And can I tell you that I’m so jealous of your camera. I’ve been saving up for a DSLR for a little while now. When one has cute children, I think it is a mother’s responsibility to get sweet equipment to capture everything she can. :) Well done my dear.

Heidi | 9/25/2007 11:15 am

Tearese–Hmm, I tried the Settings thing, but it said I already had the archive page element and wouldn’t let me add another one that just had the most recent posts. Oh, well. I just added one that had them categorized–just something to make them easier to navigate.

Jesse–Hello! Thanks for stopping by! I’m glad you like the pictures of Bubbers! I often look at him and tell Charming, “This kid is so dang cute. Shouldn’t we be doing something more about it?” So, I guess this is my way of doing something more about it. :) What kind of camera are you going to buy? I’m excited for you! Honestly, though, just having it make a real “click” when I take a picture has made me take even MORE than I used to (didn’t think that was possible)–so watch out!